Scope: This collection of links provides access to
resources that are published by individuals and or organizations within
this discipline. However, this list is not intended to be a directory
for academic departments. These can be found by searching online by the
name of the academic institution and/or department. If you are unable to
locate such listing, please feel free to email me.
- American Press Institute - Newspaper
publishers founded this institute in 1946. Its mission is the training and improvement of the new industry and journalism educators. The
research areas may prove helpful for students completing assignments.
- The Center for Public Integrity - This organization calls itself "watchdog journalism in public interest." It covers stories the mainstream press does not.
- Harry Miller's Technical Writing Blog - podcasts about documentation, technical writing and editing.
- MediaChannel - MediaChannel is concerned with the political, cultural and social impacts of the media, large and small. MediaChannel exists to provide information and diverse perspectives and inspire debate, collaboration, action and citizen engagement.
- Society for Technical Communication
- STC is dedicated to advancing the arts and sciences of technical communication and provides valuable information on various aspects
related to the field, including publications, competitions, and a list of related organizations. This site is useful for faculty and students
working in this field.
- Tech Writer Voices (AKA I'd rather be writing) - a technical communication blog that includes podcasts and other documentation.
- Technical Writing - a community blog that aims to capture interesting and useful information that's beneficial to tech writers. Though this blog hasan India tilt, tech writers from around the world are welcome to join in.