Return to the Silicon Valley Campus Guide
Request books, articles from journals and conferences, technical reports, or other materials to be sent to you. The materials may be from Carnegie Mellon libraries in the U.S. or other institutions worldwide. Electronic delivery for many articles is available.
- ILLiad: Request items; track requests; renew loans.
- NOTE: Login with your Andrew userid and password (do not confuse this with a CS userid).
First Time User?
- Please put a BIG (capital letters) note in your requests stating that your are a Silicon Valley patron because there is currently no other way for library employees to see that information when your requests are processed.
- For books that are NOT in the Carnegie Mellon Pittsburgh Libraries, we would like you to use Link+. There is a great explanation of Link+ at this location.
What Can I Use ILLiad For?
- To request to borrow a book, a tech report, a thesis, copy of an article, etc.
- Check status of requests
- Edit requests
- Cancel requests
- Update your contact information or delivery preferences
- Request to renew an interlibrary loan
How Long Can I Check Out Books?
- If from Carnegie Mellon University Libraries, you can check them out for 90 days and renew them for another 90 days.
- For a second renewal of an item from the Carnegie Mellon University Libraries, please bring your items to Sari Smith at Silicon Valley Campus, Building 19, Room #1060. She will verify that you can still locate the item in a fashion similar to what we ask of Pittsburgh patrons and she will contact the University Libraries on your behalf. This will begin an additional cycle for you.
- If from another institution, the other library sets the deadline for the return of their materials.
How Do I Return Books?
- Bring items that you wish to return to Pittsburgh to Sari Smith at Silicon Valley Campus, Building 19, Room #1060.