Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This guide will help you understand the S&P Capital IQ database. This includes what is in the database, how and where to access it, how it may be helpful in your research efforts, and an overview of how to use it.
Cap IQ Ecel Plug-in Guide
S&P Capital IQ includes access to a robust and powerful Excel plug-in that allows for in-depth data and financial research analysis. There are also a number of pre-built Excel templates available in Cap IQ. Please consult the attached guide for info on these templates.
ACCESS CAPITAL IQ REMOTELY!!
S&P Capital IQ
In-depth financial/valuation data resource, including information on equities, credit ratings, transactions, and more. Use hundreds of data points to generate lists of companies, markets, executives. Includes an Excel plug-in for data analysis. Create an account using your CMU email address
by following these directions
S&P Capital IQ
What is it?
A powerful resource for financial data, analytics, and research. Capital IQ's web-based platform combines deep information on companies, markets, and people worldwide with robust tools for analysis, idea generation, and workflow management.
What you can do with it?
- Data covering equities, credit ratings, transactions, etc.
- Pricing across markets including indices, commodities, and more.
- Profiles on 3.8 million private and public company executives.
- Lists for companies and people using hundreds of data points.
- Financial models and complete data analysis with an Excel Plug-in.
Where can I access the database physically?
- 4 public computers across from the Global Communications Center.
- 7 computers in the Library's Business Resource Center (1160)
- 4 computers in Classroom 2035
Business & Economics Librarian