The Metadata Specialist is available for consultations to help you start a new project, improve your metadata quality and consistency, and learn more about what metadata can do for you.
We provide support for…
- Reviewing project requirements and identifying metadata standards which best describe and enhance your research
- Selecting appropriate controlled vocabularies to improve consistency in your project
- Establishing workflows
- Analyzing metadata and recommending transformation strategies to conform with project guidelines
- Cleaning and validating your metadata to improve standardization and consistency
- Inform on non-MARC metadata design, structure, workflows and standards to coordinate best practices across University Libraries.
- Training and workshop opportunities
- Recommending standards that encourage access, interoperability, and reuse
- Identifying suitable repositories to connect your data to other research in your field
- Exploring emerging trends in metadata, such as linked data, metadata harvesting, and automated creation.