Skip to Main Content
Low-Income Energy Affordability Data (LEAD) Tool
- The U.S. Department of Energy and the National Renewable Energy Laboratory developed an interactive mapping tool that allows the public to explore energy burden and cost across the U.S.
- Data of energy burden and cost are available by states, counties, census tracts, and cities.
- Start exploring the Low-Income Energy Affordability Data (LEAD) tool by clicking this link.
- Refer to the methodology by clicking this link.
- The census tract level data is curated and available for analysis on Redivis.
- Watch the tutorial of the LEAD Tool: