Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
For help with Systematic Reviews
For more information, contact us!
If you're interested in learning more about our services or preparing to conduct a systematic review or meta-analysis, fill out our evidence synthesis consultation form.
Current review consultants
About this guide to conducting Systematic Reviews
Image credit: Examining Clouds by Kate Ter Haar, via Flickr.com, https://flic.kr/p/bLTw9n, CC BY 2.0
This research guide provides an overview of the systematic review process, guidance documents for conducting a systematic reviews, and links to resources to help you conduct a comprehensive and systematic search of the scholarly literature. Navigate the guide using the blue tabs above or the following links:
- Getting Started: This page defines a systematic review and how it differs from a traditional literature reviews.
- Steps in a systematic review: See this page for the steps involved in a systematic review, including guidance on registering a systematic review protocol.
- Methodology and Documentation: There are many guiding documents available for systematic reviews in various discipline. This page provides links to resources for guidance and standards for systematic reviews.
- Searching the published literature: To get you started on planning your systematic search of the literature, this page provides guidance for finding appropriate databases and conducting comprehensive searches.
- Searching the gray literature: This page provides guidance for approaching your search of the gray literature in a structure way, and links to sources where you can find things like dissertations and technical reports.
- Managing the process: Tools and guidance for managing a systematic review, including reference management and the screening process.
- Finding and appraising systematic reviews: If you are looking for systematic reviews to guide your own practices, this page is for you. You'll find links to systematic review databases, and guidance to critically appraising systematic reviews.