Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Frame Your Research Topic
- What is the relevant discipline or disciplines?
- What type of information do you need? What questions do you have?
- What are good keywords?
- What are key concepts/phrases?
Investigate the Topic
- University Libraries Home Page Searches
- Advanced Search: Search to find eBooks, articles, video, and more. Filter search results by resource type, date, and full-text
- Books and Media: Search the library catalog to find eBooks and print books. To limit to books online, select the "eBooks only" box or filter search results by "Available online"
- Journals & Newspapers
- Find out if CMU has access online journals and newspapers
- Research Databases
- Search library resources in all subject areas or Architecture for full-text articles, encyclopedias, and case studies; plus statistics, images, and more
- Research Guides
Freely Available Online Resources
- Digital Libraries and Archives
- Museums and Special Collections
- Search for digital collections from local historical societies or cultural institutions
- Government Records