"When working in the business environment, invention is akin to project management, new product development, or launching a new product or service. The same kind of thinking takes place. Remember that invention is an iterative process, requiring time and persistence - also that it is okay to fail."
- Henry Roman.The Invention Notebook Challenge, 2018
Steps to Inventing or Product Development ... according to Thomas Edison
1. Identify a problem worth solving.
2. Evaluate the economics/market needs.
3. Identify constraints, impacts, challenges.
4. Identify/test potential solutions: invent!
5. Validate invention against numbers 1, 2, and 3.
6. Repeat numbers 1 thru 5 as necessary;
IOW = redesign/reevaluate the original problem.
7. Market the invention.
8. Grow and improve the invention.