Bloomberg is a powerful and flexible platform for financial professionals that brings together real-time data on all market, news and research, analytics, and communication tools to make smarter, faster, more informed business decisions. Bloomberg has data on more than 5 million bonds, equities, commodities currencies, and funds. It covers almost every publicly traded company in the world, and has profiles on more than a million people.
CMU has 5 Bloomberg Terminals at the New York Campus.
You must create an account using your current CMU credentials in order to use Bloomberg.
**PLEASE NOTE**: You will need your cell phone to complete the registration for your account. Bloomberg will send a text message with a validation code that you will need for completion.
1. Click on the Bloomberg desktop icon.
2. Hit either Enter or <GO>.
3. Click on "Create a new Login" and fill out your information and follow the instructions. You will need to include a phone number. Use your current CMU email address for company email!
4. Select the SMS Text option to receive your verification coe. You will be sent a code via text message within a short time.
5. Input the validation code and create your password according to their guidelines.
6. Finished! Every time after, simply log in with your username and password to access.