Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
In this research guide....
Basic dictionaries, encyclopedias and biographical sources to
- identify a person or topic
- get an overview of a person or topic
- aid in formulating keywords and concepts for database searching
- find definitions of key words and concepts
- provide leads to other resources on a person or topic
For more subject-specific reference works and other resources in Hunt Library and on the web see
Topics and/or current course guides
For key databases for Drama navigate to:
Databases for Theatre