Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Carnegie Mellon University Libraries provides access to many electronic resources to support our users with their research and scholarship. eResources are licensed to the Libraries and are available to current CMU affiliates using their Andrew ID and password.
Searching and accessing eResources
The catalog, or discovery interface, contains electronic resources in all varieties of resource types, like full-text articles, eBooks and eJournals, streaming video, digital images, and more.
Search scopes and facets can be used to narrow (or expand) your search results.
For best results, sign into your account first to ensure you're seeing all resources available to you.
Research Databases A-Z is an alphabetical list of electronic databases and platforms, categorized by subjects and collection types, ie. streaming or eBook collections.
Check if we have electronic subscriptions for a journal or newspaper, and what years you can access. You can also browse scholarly eJournals by subject using BrowZine.
eResources Troubleshooting Tips
These troubleshooting tips will often resolve issues when accessing eResources:
- Access content through the Libraries website or A-Z list to ensure you're using the most reliable resource links
- Some resources require that you connect to the Full VPN. Follow these instructions or see the CMU web page
- Sign in to your account when searching the catalog (resources will display full-text only to authenticated users)
- Check the eResources Status page for planned downtime or to see if the issue is widespread
- Try accessing the same resource another way: Databases, eResources, & Tools A-Z list, catalog, Google Scholar, WorldCat
- Search the FAQ list for similar problems and possible resolutions
- Confirm that your browser is up to date (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge)
- Try a different browser and/ or clear your browser cache/history
- Ensure that needed software is installed on your computer/device, ie Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Digital Editions for eBooks
- Report a problem using the below form
Report a Problem / Ask an eResources Question
Request to Proxy New/ Trial eResource
eResources Status Updates
Stay up to date with eResource known issues, scheduled updates, and upcoming platform migrations.
See status updates